A good night’s rest can do wonders to your body! Unfortunately, most of the people are suffering from sleep deprivation and insomnia. As the generation is progressing, people are cutting down their sleeping hours whether it’s for work, studies, or other entertainment purposes. Earlier people used to sleep for 7 to 8 hours, but now, they just sleep for 5 to 6 hours. It is one of the reasons why their health is deteriorating.
A Healthy Body = Balanced Diet + Adequate Water + Proper Sleep.
These are the three components of a healthy body. If you tamper with the sleeping patterns, you can say goodbye to a healthy body. Here is a sleep timing chart to show how much sleep an individual need.
- New-borns: Up to 17 hours
- Toddlers: Up to 14 hours
- School Kids: Up to 12 hours
- Teenagers: Up to 10 hours
- Adults: More than 7 hours
- Senior Citizens: Up to 8 hours
Importance of Sleep:
Our body functions like a machine. It needs fuel, i.e. food to function along with rest, i.e. sleep. If you keep going on without proper sleep, you will start facing health problems before you reach your late 30’s or 40’s.
At legwork.guide, you will get proper tips to improve your sleep patterns. You will also get health and fitness tips.
- Control Weight Gain: Some researchers suggest that obesity is the result of lack of sleep. However, new research claims that there is no relation between the two. But when you sleep less, you may face other health problems which may indirectly result in weight gain and obesity. So, if you want to stay fit, make sure you sleep properly.
- Productivity and Concentration: A proper sleeping pattern can help you increase your brainpower. Because of this, your concentration and productivity increases. It will help you to stay alert and concentrate more at work. It will make you more productive.
- Calorie Regulation: Your sleeping patterns affect the hormones in your body, which is responsible for regulating calorie intake. So, if you sleep properly, it will help you to consume fewer calories. Your body will be able to use and regulate the calories, thereby avoiding any health problems.
- Athletic Performance: Have you ever come across an athlete? The reason why they are so healthy is that they have a proper balanced diet and sleeping pattern. When you sleep properly, your body is energized. It will help you to function with ease and speed.
- Healthy Heart: When you sleep properly at night, your body naturally regulates the blood pressure. It is necessary for those who suffer from high blood pressure. It is the major cause of hearth problems. So, if you follow a proper sleeping pattern, it will keep your heart healthy.
- Prevents Depression: Most of the people who suffer from sleep problems also suffer from depression. So, if you sleep properly for 8 hours, it will help you to fight off depression and other mental health issues
- Strong Immune System: A good night’s rest helps your body to repair and regenerate. Your body will recover from all the health problems. It makes your immune system stronger and prevents any diseases or illness.
These are the benefits of a proper night’s rest. If you want to stay healthy and fit, make sure you develop and follow a proper sleep pattern as per your age. You can also get additional information and tips about on legwork.guide.