With 2019 fast approaching, many may be considering a career change or perhaps even a career start. Amidst all of the career options out there, one hot career option for 2019 is nursing. If you’re wondering why or how nursing can be such a great option, read on.
Why Get into Nursing?
- Nursing is a profession in which lives are saved. Human life is precious and anyone associated with saving lives can consider himself or herself truly blessed. Nothing can top the accomplishment associated with saving a life. Nurses are saving hundreds if not thousands of lives on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis. This is something to be greatly proud of.
- Nursing pays quite a lot. A nurse’s salary is well above 50-60K and increases with time and experience. It doesn’t hurt to make a decent in salary in today’s socio-economic atmosphere. Finances can be a huge factor in one’s ability to live a decent life. Of course, if you are not convinced by the five-digit salary range, you can always remember the weight and value of the work nurses do on a humanitarian level. Helping to save lives, watching patients throughout the nights and keeping a hospital running are not roles to be taken lightly.
- Nurses are practically the right hands to doctors. At times, the amount of work nurses do surpasses the work doctors do as well. There is a huge amount of responsibility that falls on nurses and thereby terms nurses as the true heroes in so many of the medical cases entering hospitals. Doctors would be absolutely unable to do their work were it not for nurses.
- Nursing allows for flexible hours. Nurses can work part time or full time. Nurses can work in the mornings, evenings or nights. This can be a great option for those who have other things to juggle along with their careers.
- Nursing is quite a mobile profession. It isn’t limited to just one setting. You can opt to be a nurse within a hospital, within a school, within a company, or for private hire at homes for critical patients. You can opt to teach nursing if teaching excites you. If the legal aspects of nursing excite you, you can even consider becoming a nurse consultant. There are various options to choose from when it comes to nursing. In fact, you may start off in one particular nursing area and then move onto other nursing areas to see which one you find most appealing. Once you enter the nursing zone, the options keep opening.
- Nurses will always be needed. Let’s face it, there isn’t a hospital on earth that can function properly without the help of nurses. Not every school has a doctor but nurses are mandatory in most school settings. As such, nursing is a career prospect that will constantly be in demand. There is a certain level of job security associated with nursing that may not always exist with other professions. Job security is always essential and can be a huge motivating factor in keeping employees happy.
- Perhaps the best part about nursing, other than the fact that you are involved in a life-saving career, is the fact that every day is a learning day for a nurse. No two days are the same. Each challenge allows for something new to be learned. Each situation calls for a different solution and proves to be a learning opportunity on so many fronts. Not only are nurses constantly learning, but they are also constantly teaching their colleagues as well as their patients.
- Nursing can be a great second career option. It doesn’t matter where you are in your career, you can always consider nursing as a second career option. Many employers applaud previous work experience before entering the nursing profession. There are numerous nursing programs that only take two years to complete. Whether you have a bachelors or master’s degree in any other area, you can always choose to go back and study to become a nurse. The flexibility associated with nursing studies is, in fact, one of the main reasons many opt to become nurses.
Nursing- An Honorable Profession
All in all, if we take all of the above points into consideration, hardly anyone will disagree that nursing is a noble profession that holds great esteem for the nurse. You don’t have to study for years on end like doctors in order to get into a profession that saves lives on a daily basis. The finance involved to finish nursing programs is also no-where close to as high as medical programs that doctors have to complete.
Considering the whole package, nursing can be a lucrative option that stands as a hot career choice for 2019.